For those who want to enjoy the summer with a dry belly, we have separated some tips to make the best of the low-carb diet.
There's still time to lose weight for the summer project. With little time left for the season, it takes a lot of dedication and some care to lose weight in a healthy way.
Next, we'll talk about what you need to keep in mind for a successful summer project: focus, food, exercise and health. Good reading!
It takes a lot of dedication to make the effort of the summer project worthwhile. But calm down, that doesn't mean starving to diet, okay? Going on a diet is also doing a food reeducation. It's learning to eat with quality and make better choices.
To help, we have separated for you three golden rules for your planning:
- No sugar: completely cut out sweets and foods with added sugar;
- No soda: did you think I was going to let you drink zero soda? Found it wrong! This type of drink does not contain sugar, but is rich in sodium — which favors fluid retention;
- Peel more fruit, open less packaging: give preference to natural fresh and frozen foods. No eating that stuffed cookie;
How to organize your plate?
The most important part of the diet is to organize the food on your plate, but this ends up causing some confusion.
Because it is a low-carb diet, many foods (even fresh and natural) are prohibited. In addition to sugar, foods with wheat, potatoes, and others should not enter your plate.
To help, we've made a list of the top foods that can get on your plate without asking for permission:
- Vegetables: celery, lettuce, leeks, chard, watercress, asparagus, broccoli, kale, cauliflower, endive, spinach, and arugula.
- Fruits: avocado, coconut, melon, strawberry, peach
- Fruits and vegetables: pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant, onion, cucumber, peppers, cherry tomatoes
- Recommended proteins: meats, fish, eggs, yellow cheeses, traditional curd cheese and fresh cream.
- Olive oil
To help with your summer project, also keep in mind a few things:
- Water is your best friend. Always keep a bottle on the table and in your bag;
- Consuming fiber helps to delay the absorption of sugars and fats, increasing the feeling of satiety;
- Natural juices are good, but always natural and fresh. No nectars or concentrates;
- Oilseeds are great diet companions. You can carry it in your bag to have a snack and not eat junk on the street.
The great ally of weight loss is physical exercise. It is important to practice physical activity every day, for at least 30 minutes.
For those who go to the gym, collective classes, such as jumping and spinning, are the best options for those who want to lose weight. Outdoor running and functional training are also great options.
Sedentary people can start their exercise routine by walking. Start by practicing twice a week for 20 minutes, gradually increasing the time and frequency.
Take good care of your health
There are no magic solutions to losing weight fast. Adopting a diet is a process of food reeducation that can bring many benefits to your health, but that can lead to serious health problems if done incorrectly.
Always follow up with a doctor or nutritionist to make sure everything is going well.
And now, how to start the summer project?
In our menu, we have a selection of meals for you to start your summer project. They are all low carb and low calorie to help with weight loss. Check this week's menu and try our delicious low-carb meals!